Walking in Victoria, BC

Forum to discuss all aspects of walking and rambling

Walking in Victoria, BC

PostPosted by Cronus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 am

This is a very easy walk in Victoria, BC which is located more to the South-west. However, you have to take a ferry to get there. You can get there either from Prince Rupert (about a 4h drive or so from where I live), or you can drive 12-14 hours from where I live (depending on time of year and road conditions) to get to Vancouver.

That being said, this is a very easy trail and it's not at all rooty. It's only a short walk down to the ocean which is suitable for lunch. It is extremely easy and persons of all ages can get there. However, I've been there only once years ago so I honestly can't remember how far it is from Victoria. Victoria is a nice place to visit and has quite a few trails, although some of them are harder and wouldn't be recommended for the elderly or young kids.
Cronus

Re: Walking in Victoria, BC

PostPosted by GoingLarge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Cronus welcome to GoingLarge.co.uk it looks like you have some beautiful scenery in Victoria. Is this walk suitable for disabled wheelchair users and do you know how far the trail is?
GoingLarge
Site Admin

Re: Walking in Victoria, BC

PostPosted by Cronus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:54 pm

I don't live in Victoria, but I do travel across the province. (I live in Smithers, BC.)

Yes, the trail is extremely good and wide. Not rooty. You could take a wheelchair down there, although I can't remember what the trail at the end is like. Even young children can go. It's a very easy trail. I haven't really thought about it so I'm not sure if you can camp down there or not (possibly not though now that I think of it...because of the tide). You can have fires down there but you'd need to bring your own wood and fire starter. We nearly got into trouble for burning dead wood.

Yes, this trail is so easy you could even bring a stroller down there. The only downside though is if you take wheelchairs or strollers or w/e, the hard part is along the sandy beach.

As for the trail in general, it's not far. I'm not exactly sure how long the trail is but to get down to the beach is takes around 10min give-or-take. It's a very quick hike. I would probably guestimate 1-2 kilometers or so.
Cronus

Return to Walking and Rambling