Camping Red Sand Lake, Canada

Dedicated forum to discuss all aspects of camping and caravaning.

Camping Red Sand Lake, Canada

PostPosted by Cronus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 am

Red Sand Lake is located near Terrace, BC, Canada

Red Sand Lake is located near Terrace, BC (about 2h drive from where I live). I've been there once and the road was pretty rough. I haven't been there in years, though so not sure how the roads are now adays.

However, the campsite is quite hard to find, so if you don't know where to look it's easy to miss. The campsite is gorgeous though although pitching up a tent is no picnic. You can pound a peg about quarter an inch under the seemingly soft sand, if that, only to hit rock. Nice place to canoe although the lake is quite small. Wouldn't really recommend fishing there, but the scenery is spectacular and it's quite secluded. The campground has several sites so unless you're very unlucky you shouldn't have problems with an overcrowded campsite. I've been there only once so can't tell you how busy it can get. Also, if you're lucky you can get a spectacular sunset.
Cronus

Re: Camping Red Sand Lake

PostPosted by GoingLarge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Stunning scenery. I imagine this a good location to view the stars on a clear night.
GoingLarge
Site Admin

Re: Camping Red Sand Lake, Canada

PostPosted by Cronus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Probably is. The nice thing is there's no lights from the city or anything like that. I didn't really think about looking up at the stars, but I bet you could gaze up at them for hours without getting sick of them.
Cronus

Return to Camping & Caravaning